About Me

This blog was originally started under the title, News and Some Views, after the requirements of my first job as a content writer got me introduced to the world of Blogosphere. Other than being an editor and occasional blogger, I am interested in discovering life…always chasing (and all possible efforts are made towards mastering) ‘new’ things. Spontaneity interests me. Drop your comments to let me know what you feel about some of the things I have written about. Most of these emanate from our day-to-day experience. Let me know your side too.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Hunger and Dieting

This is pertual thought that does not leave me, ever...( oh yes i havent got the barbie doll stats..though the right BMR) and reports of scarce rainfall makes situaton worse. Here is another blog which i am reviving here:

On the onehand I see all the reports about the drought situation and the tough times that lies ahead of the farmers; how difficult it has become for them to make both ends meet; skipping meals as there is nothing to cook..going hungry; a bare skin covering a a skeleton and rugged rags worn as clothes...

and on the other I see ( including me and those around me) a section worrying about too much oil/fat in the food; deliberately starving, so-called dieting, in name of eating healthy to get skinny to get into those skinny outfits......

which arguement should I buy: i have earned it, and have got the skill and opportunities to have a good income, then why not be choosy and demanding for the best, or that if I have all the that is required to lead a dignified life with all the essential commodities, should I start doing something with the extra-left for the have-nots?

have been asking this for long....still haven't got an answer........

No comments: