About Me

This blog was originally started under the title, News and Some Views, after the requirements of my first job as a content writer got me introduced to the world of Blogosphere. Other than being an editor and occasional blogger, I am interested in discovering life…always chasing (and all possible efforts are made towards mastering) ‘new’ things. Spontaneity interests me. Drop your comments to let me know what you feel about some of the things I have written about. Most of these emanate from our day-to-day experience. Let me know your side too.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Living with terror

It was not long that I experienced a terrorist attack at the heart of the capital Delhi-- the Connaught Place--popularly called C.P. Was recuperating from the terror that the blasts caused. Everyday passing by the Regal Cinema (from where a live bomb was recovered) and Barakhamba road bus stop (a bomb went off there in the September blasts), I have this Goosebumpy feeling. Yes, I was not there, nor any of my friends. Though, most of us have to pass by those places everyday.

Most of the time, I tell myself that a criminal does not strike a place that has already been struck. But such logic stands defied when I watch the city of Mumbai attacked once again by terrorists. Well this time the terrorists were roaming around the city shooting people in cafes, train terminal, hospital, innocent bystanders on road and then taking hostages in the luxurious, prestigious and landmark hotels in the city. Our security forces did a great job in record time. Their bravery installs the faith that somebody is there who can protect us from these anti-humanity elements.

But the other scary fact remains that now you cannot live without the thought that you can die any moment. The larger fact remains that the terrorists have been striking at their own will. Whether our policy makers are at fault or the intelligence sources or both, I refrain from commenting on that but the larger fact remains. As it was said in the movie, ‘Sleepless in Seattle’ that “its easier to get killed by a militant than getting married/a decent husband” (not sure of the part said after ‘than’, but the first part about being getting killed by terrorist I remember pretty well) is indeed becoming true.

3 comments:

humanobserver said...

The incident is over but what about the memory ? Can we forget those moment when that blood-thirsty terrorists were just firing indiscriminately ? Just imagine who lost their beloved ! I am completely upset with this wohole episode. I accepted your thanks....

Upkaran said...

I agree with humanobserver the incident may be over but the effects will be felt on our Hearts & more importantly our Economy, especially India’s efforts to cultivate a image of Incredible India – Atithi Devo Bhava……

Amrita said...

yes u both r rite....the memories will not fade away soon...public memory is not that short lived as its thought...Incredible India – Atithi Devo Bhava image is going to take a beating..first the english team is hesitant about touring india..then the talks about the 2011WC may not be held in the subcontinent is already in the air...and unfortunately india has entered the list of 20 places in the world dangerous to visit..