About Me

This blog was originally started under the title, News and Some Views, after the requirements of my first job as a content writer got me introduced to the world of Blogosphere. Other than being an editor and occasional blogger, I am interested in discovering life…always chasing (and all possible efforts are made towards mastering) ‘new’ things. Spontaneity interests me. Drop your comments to let me know what you feel about some of the things I have written about. Most of these emanate from our day-to-day experience. Let me know your side too.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Behavior and Friendships at Workplace

I remember this quite well. At one of the organizations where I have worked, a colleague (now a friend) had shared the following gyaan or wisdom with this new entrant into the professional sphere:

Mark my words - bigger the organization, more complex and convoluted would be the behavior, culture and relations.

And then on, I have only been moving to bigger organizations and witnessing this gyaan first hand. But this post is not about cribbing about the suffocation I (and what you might relate to) have to deal with. Its about the window that brings (or rather say, used to bring) a breathe of fresh air to end the suffocation.

This post is dedicated to my soon to become ex-colleague cum friend, whom I fondly call MJ. We had joined the organization with a gap of 7 days, but we started interacting in real terms only after 4-5 months. Our interactions improved, so did our friendship, once we realized our shared interests and idiosyncrasies.

Though MJ is a year younger than me (I miss those days when I used to be the youngest in a team), but her maturity to understand certain situations and appropriately handling them impressed me. The complexities, as mentioned in the gyaan part, in our organization did not allow us to behave as buddies and her maturity helped us overcoming those obstacles (This is because I am the rebellious types and my response to such circumstances is 'f*** you', which can land us in trouble :P).

I will miss MJ for our impromptu g-talk, b-talk ('b' does not stand only for boy :P), life-talk...and yes, who would accommodate me (third person) in the best two-seater seat in a plane so that I too can see the rising sun - the sun rising from the land we call East (Thailand) while we are on board. I don't know if I will ever witness that ever in my life. Thanks MJ.

I don't believe in bidding farewell to people whom I know I will cross path with very often. So no formalities...except that I wish for the best for you. And now that the colleague tag is going to be dropped, all these days in this place looks worthy to have gained a friend like you, MJ.

1 comment: